Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies began as a small store at 4307 Centinela Avenue in Mar Vista. In 1926, Al Barnes the co-owner of the Carson and Barnes circus decided that he wanted his own city. The building that became the future home of Centinela Feed was the city hall for Barnes City. Barnes City only lasted less than a year before it became a part of Los Angeles. However that was long enough for the building to be later declared an historical landmark.
In 1994, our largest retail store (located at 3860 Centinela Avenue) opened.
This store opening brought the Company back to the original street where it had all begun."
"We will be passing out Lotus dog & cat food samples & coupons"